|Duration:||10 days/80 hours|
|Ratio:||15 students/1 instructor|
This course is recommended for anyone interested
in an entry-level wind turbine technician position.
SYNOPSIS OF COURSE:
This course focuses on the safety issues inherent in the wind industry.
• Intro to theWind Industry
• Schematics,Direct Current Theory,Alternating Current Theory
• Electric Static Discharge, Basic Hydraulics,Accumulator Charging
• Fiber Optics,Torquing Fasteners and Equipment
• Control Algorithms, Substations, and Transformers
• Wind TurbineMechanical Systems & Electrical Systems
• Drivetrain,Gearboxes,Yaw System
• TurbineMaintenance and Service Practices,Troubleshooting, Site Documentation and Reporting
• Rotor Construction, Blade Pitch and Balancing
• SCADA and Data Analysis,Meteorology,Wind Turbine Power Curves
Certifications/Completion Cards Received After Successful Completion:
Work boots (steel-toed preferred), cotton pants and cotton long sleeve shirts. PPE will be provided.
Note:Must have ability to climb 300 foot towers.