|Duration:||5 day/40 hours|
|Ratio:||4 students/1 instructor|
The Rope Access Level One Technician course offers practical and theoretical knowledge used by Level 1industrial rope access technicians.
SYNOPSIS OF COURSE:
Candidates are educated on the practical application of rope access skills to a wide range of working locations. This course will form the foundation or compliment professional development for all work at height professionals covering the basic principles of rope access.
Level 1 Rope Tech (SPRAT recognized as a Rope Access Worker) shall be capable of performing basic rope access tasks required by employer and task specific conditions, UNDER the direct on site supervision of a level III Rope Access Supervisor.
- History of Rope Access
- Current legislation, guidelines and standards
- Awareness of Hazard Identification Risk Assessments
- and Control forms
- Work at Height permits and method statements
- Set up of Access Zones and Hazard zones (exclusion zones)
- Suspension Trauma and Casualty Management
- Hazardous materials
- Log book requirements and their completion
- Hauling systems
- Fall factors
- Simple Rigging , Angles ( deviations and loading )
- Safe working loads and breaking strength of standard rope access equipment
- Rig Y hangs
- Rope and Edge protection
- Rope maneuvers on a preâ€rigged course
Pre qualification requirements:
- 18 years or older
- Shall be physically fit and free from any disability or medical condition that may
- prevent them from climbing and working safely.
- They shall ensure that they have an adequate level of fitness, are able to
- perform the tasks expected in terms of strength, agility, and coordination, and
- are able to withstand the stresses of the working environment, inclement
- weather heat and cold
- Ideally all prospects should be in possession of a current physical before starting this kind of work and should be reassessed at regular intervals.
- Delegates are required to sign a statement of Health
Certifications/Completion Cards Received After Successful Completion:
All delegates who successfully complete training will receive certification valid for two years.